Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse is an action/adventure game with a unique survival twist. You play as Lathe, a teenage woodling and an avid inventor. During your adventure you are accompanied by a stone giant named Roguard. Together you must fight back a horde of wooden zombies, better known as “The Deadwood” and stop their curse from spreading through the land of Knottington.
By day, Roguard will protect you from the Deadwood. This will allow you the freedom to explore the land of Knottington. You’ll scavenge for resources and then use those resources to craft your weapons and defenses. Because when the sun sets, Roguard falls fast asleep. Leaving you alone to fight back the Deadwood and protect your stone companion. With the right balance of strategy and skill you may just survive the night.
- Zelda meets Don’t Starve. A unique blend of adventuring and survival.
- Scavenge for resources and then build customized weapons and defenses.
- Wide variety of interesting weapons at your disposal.
- Amber modifiers give every weapon a unique and strategic attribute.
- Huge open world filled with fun, quirky characters.
- Beautiful art and animation with a stylized, cartoony feel.
- Platforms – PC, Linux, Mac (more to come)
Steamroller Studios is a small indie team made up of a few industry professionals. Together we have decades of experience. With movies such as Avatar, The Hobbit, The Avengers, and How to Train Your Dragon 2, along with games such as Bioshock, Left 4 Dead, and our own title, Super Shock Football being some examples.
Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse is a passion project for us. We have been working on it part time for a while, but have recently invested all of our savings and time into doing this fulltime. We currently have a core team of 6 and an extra 5 or so helping offsite. We are now moving full steam ahead to bring you the best game possible. We believe in Deadwood and we believe that our team has what it takes to deliver it.